mardi 7 octobre 2014

Today's Rome

Hi Guys! Here's your favorite blogger (it's probably not me, but let's be positive).

As promised, I won't talk about grammar today. But about Rome and why you should go there for your next travel... No, you can't wait. You have to go right now!

Last summer, I was in this amazing city with my family and my girlfriend for four days and three nights. And I can tell you that it's not enough to take even half the famous tours!
That's right. Rome has more than two and a half thousand years of existence. You can imagine all the possible visits. It's like a citywide museum:

Rome offers one of the greatest concentrations of ancient vestiges in the world. If you are a fan of the Roman civilization, you would love to walk in the Forum and fell like being transported back in time, when the city was the capital of the world: caput mundi.

Roman Forum

Colosseum
The Ancient heart of the city is located next to the Capitol Hill. It's called a Forum and was the center of the political, cultural and religious life of Rome. Todays it's just a bunch of old stones for some people. However, when I walked between those stones, I could really imagine what it was like in its glory days: a magnificent place full of people and colors. The impression of smallness is reinforced by the surrounding arches and temples.





The Colosseum is the most famous of the ancient monuments of Rome. Mainly because it's the best conserved and the tallest one.
I understand that all this vestiges can be really annoying eventually. I actually escaped a guide tour because I was bored of stones (and also because I wanted an ice-cream but that's not the point).



Even if you're not an history fan, you could appreciate its renaissance and baroque architecture at every street corner. The most popular are the Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Spagna and Piazza Barberini.

Trevi Fountain

Vatican City, a city (and also a state) within a city (and also a state), is a very attractive place, mostly because it's the capital of the christian religion, but also because of its huge art collection and impressive monuments, such as St Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel.

Still not convinced? Well, I'm sure the Italian food will! Obviously, Rome is the best place to eat pizza at sunset on an terrasse or enjoy an homemade ice-cream in the ancient Roman park : La Villa Borghese.
Furthermore, Rome is a great romantic town (not as Paris, Paris is the best!). You should come with your lover(s not judging) for the great restaurants in the capital of La Dolce Vita (the sweet life).

How can I talk about Rome and not speak about the Vespa rides? Yes, the Vespa scoter is surely the best way to discover the city from the Hills and admire a splendid overview of this timeless city. At some point in this ride, I think I fell in love with it. See for yourself:

Panoramic of Rome

The only drawback is that there is a lot of tourists (those damned people) all year long. As a result, you can easy spend most of the day in the line and in invaded places where you can't take a single picture without an unknown on it. But pictures aren't the point of travel, and if you plan it you can make reservations or go in charming, not touristy, neighborhoods. For this, I recommend the East Side of the Tiber river, with Trastevere and the Janiculum Hill.


I hope I made you wanna go there. Next time I won't be the tourist guide but the history teacher!

Citations :
Photos from my trip
More informations on http://www.rome-passion.com

3 commentaires:

  1. Hi favorite blogger (of course it’s you concerning the Roman civilization!)
    Isn’t it insane that we can speak of Rome as the city were a single monument?!?
    For this reason, I was pleased to read your article about this amazing city that is Rome. I can imagine without troubles why you have chosen this subject! I think just like you that you can’t really discover the city in a couple of days. (By the way, #correction: four days)
    Nonetheless, I was wondered as you said you could imagine this glorious and fallen era by walking between old stones. In my opinion are ruins not always enough to perceive the magnificence of a monument, and the disappointment is therefor my biggest fear of a trip in Rome.
    I read you escaped a guide tour, young delinquent?! However I totally agree with you, fierce visits can only exhaust and deject you…
    Nevertheless, thank to your point of view on the architecture and your pictures (incredible, some monuments are still erected!), you were able to persuade me to take a ride through this city! I liked you in the role of tourist guide because this trip turned from considered to inevitable.
    Rome will certainly be my next holiday destination, but the visit of the beautiful city would surely require more than one trip!
    Last but not least, I will especially remember all your good addresses in the Eternal City.
    #7

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hi big fella, this is your devoted ID9!

    To be honest I've never been to Rome. And I'm ashamed of it, because you almost convinced me that it's the best city in the world! I still love your lively expression, your punchy arguments and your shade of humor. You managed to bring some historical facts in a pleasant article, which is great!

    However, you won't escape the #correction this time ;-)
    In your second line, I'm convinced that we say "As promised" or "As I promised" instead of "As promise". But this is going into details, you did a great job!

    See you soon,
    ID9

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hi big fella, this is your devoted ID11!

    As far as I can remember, I've never been in Rome. Wait a minute, I have to ask my mother if I haven't already been there... No, she said no. Thanks for this post, I'm more and more convinced that you are a very convincing guy. You actually gave me the wish to visit Rome. Wait a minute, I will ask my mother if I can go to Rome... No, she still says no... Anyway! In my opinion what makes your article so good and credible is that you actually have been there. The best point of it is that your post transmits me impassion for Rome. Moreover, you don't just describe the city, your post looks actually more like a guided tour of it and that's impressive! Unfortunately, we can't go back to its glory days! Too bad that you only described the city as it, it would have been good to talk also about the economical and political place of rome in its country. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading it!

    #11

    RépondreSupprimer